Sunday, January 2, 2011

Coleman's 2nd Birthday (Take 1)

This year our baby boy turned 2!!!! I seriously can not get over this. Maybe it's the hormones of pregnancy, but this hit me pretty hard. Now keep in mind, I am not a person who locks themselves in their room as they get a year older. As a matter of fact I think every year gets better and I get excited for what God has to bring me in the new year. However, my sweet little guy getting older, well that gets to me.

Now, I realize I have no reason for this thinking at all. Every day he gets cuter and sweeter. He has his moments when he is desperate to exert his independence and in those times can be what most would consider sassy, but even in those times I see him becoming his own little person and I am excited to see what God has planned for him.
So why do I shed tears? I am not sure. My own selfish reasons I am sure. He's one day closer to going to school, not holding my hand to cross the street, not wanting me to rock him to sleep and having (hopefully a wonderful) lady become the main woman of his life. Yep, selfish I know :)

I have decided, instead of crying, to pray diligently for his next year daily. I pray that he finds excitement in the new things that God has to share with him. I pray that he finds the beauty that our Lord has created in this world and he keeps that joy in his heart. I pray that he can hold off another year without seeing the cruelties of the world. I pray that his Daddy and I will work everyday to guide him with compassion and as God would want us to. But above all else I pray
that he grows to love even deeper, and begins to want to know more about his God.

Here are some pics and videos of his actual birthday at our house where we celebrated with all of his
favorites, mac n cheese, hot dogs and chocolate milk.

Disclaimer:
As you watch the video and see him very excited for cake and cookies, please understand that my dear son has had maybe two bites of cake in his life and has had (literally) two cookies. So why he he gets so excited I am not sure. Probably because he has been so deprived of sugar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment