Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Prepare His Way


As it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet,

“The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
‘Prepare the way of the Lord,
make his paths straight.
Every valley shall be filled,
and every mountain and hill shall be made low,
and the crooked shall become straight,
and the rough places shall become level ways,
and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.’” Luke 3: 4-6


I can't help, but let these verse play in my mind like a movie on pause. I yearn to usher the Lord into my heart, but where are my valleys too deep? Where are my mountains too high? When do I choose to fill those valleys with other idols that keep the Lord wading at the bottom of a muddy river in attempt to get to my heart. When do I stand on my mountain top of pride while He tries so hard to claw up to my soul?

Lord fill my valleys with Your everlasting bread of life, crumble all mountains that my pride allows me to stand on. Make my path straight so that all of my daily actions are done with one focus: to prepare Your way to my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment